I’ve set my mode to thinking about TKaCM, and why we need such a magazine. So, I’ve decided to do a post about the Five Top Reasons why TKaCM is a great digital magazine for teen knitters.
1. Because not many of us have jobs. Jobs = no money. No money equals no magazine, and no magazine equals no connections. So, Teen Knitter and Crocheter magazine is a good choice for teens because currently, its a free digital magazine written BY teens FOR teens!
2. We don’t like to be stereotyped. With every knitting/crocheting book/magazine that is “supposed” to be directed towards teens, we have been looked at as if we enjoy knitting/crocheting with bright, bright colors, sequined yarn, size eleven needles, and lastly – fun fur. With a magazine created by us for our peers, we can exclude those stereotypes, and create what we like! It’s a good chance that what one teen suggests, other teens will like it because they are on the SAME LEVEL!
3. Knitting/crocheting isn’t just for grannies, sorry ninth grader peer! With this magazine, we can prove to our disaproving peers that knitting/crocheting is not something uncool, and a waste of time! We can prove our creativity, and share the knitting/crocheting bug. Teen knitting/crocheting is something to be admired (as adults are), not something to push down!
4. Connection! Teen Knitter and Crocheter magazine is a great way for teen knitters/crocheters to connect! With Teen Knitter and Crocheter magazine teens from Ravelry, and teens that are not from ravelry can join together, share patterns, knitting experiences, and hear everyone’s story!
5. Fiber Crafting Forever – With TKaCM, the magazine will eventually go through many changes and many teens will help it change. We’ll all keep pruning it, and we’ll work together to create a mark in history – the Knitting/Crocheting Golden Age.